• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dan's new Sigma

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Dan sent me a couple of samples of thee new kit he is investigating the Sigma so far I have turned a Roller ball & a fountain pen there is also a ballpoint pen on its way

To look at they are a bit like the J/G but they are 1mm fatter the cap is 15mm as to 14mm the pen is 13mm tapering down to 12mm as to J/G 12mm which I like all of the components fit together perfectly a good snug fit which I cant see there being any problems with the only plastic thread is the female inside the cap which is separate from the cap fitting I applied a small dab of super glue when I put the two half's together just to be on the safe side the one very small thing I did notice is the replacement pump is a bit of tight fit in the pen body its not to big just a fraction tight which I dont see as a problem but Im sure Dan will get that sorted the refill no problem it fits in lovely also the cap end cant be posted which I also like I for one will be buying some of them when Dan starts stocking them the R/B perfect in every way as for plating well only time will tell but it looks fine to me I have included a photo pf the sigma & the J/G side by side so you can compare the two I cant wait to try the ball point pen next
1.JPGDSCF1650.JPGDSCF1652.JPGDSCF1653.JPGDSCF1654.JPG

First Name
Dan
Just to add. I also have samples of these in postable. As this is a simple exchange of components I am considering stocking the postable part as am extra.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Just to add. I also have samples of these in postable. As this is a simple exchange of components I am considering stocking the postable part as am extra.

That makes them even more versatile well done Dan
I did forget to mention they take a 10,5mm and 12.5mm drills I did try the imperial sizes but they were to tight

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They look good and if the cap thread holds up they will be a great seller especially if they come in premium platings.

Peter

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Nice work on the pens, Woody, they do look a bit tasty, mate!

Personally, Dan, I never buy pens that can't be posted - why buy a pen and then have it roll on the floor? However, if they come postable I'll be interested.

Bob.

First Name
Dan
Nice work on the pens, Woody, they do look a bit tasty, mate!

Personally, Dan, I never buy pens that can't be posted - why buy a pen and then have it roll on the floor? However, if they come postable I'll be interested.

Bob.

I think it is more likely that the non postable will be the added extra.

Jim

Grand Master
I will look closely at these Dan, we need a UK supplier for a quality kit that can take on the JR and Barron .. :pray:

Well turned and displayed woody, and thanks for the review my friend .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You could do the sigma as a man's pen and Dan's new premium J/G as a lady's pen the quality of them is very good as well

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
They look like they might take on the Gent's Classic. Is that the sort of market these are aimed at. (Do say yes, then I can stop hassling you). My own observation, for what it's worth, is that I would like to see a slightly narrower centre band, which would set it apart even more from the Jr Gent. I'm guessing that the posting thread will be plated instead of black, but from appearance alone with the cap on, through the eyes of the pen turners' customer they look similar. I just wonder if a narrower centre band might help. Just a thought. Sorry if you think I'm interfering.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Dan Phill et al I read with interest the banding joining clipping discussion of the kits that Woody has made up into great pens shown on this posting wonderful effort Woody love the finished product. To me using that word oxymoron reducing sizes of trim also reduces strength at vital points in vulnerable places. The clips look the business the same really as others overall pleasing and appear strong. So many variations so minor in production will need careful positioning in the workshop to avoid confusion.

Inventories at my place is extensive time restraint keeps ensuring my hobby remains in control.

All the best Dan thanks Woody.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).