• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First try at a Zeta

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
Here's my first go with one of Dan's Zeta. Really lovely and easy to put together :thumbs:

Made from some scrappy Masur Birch I picked up. The quality of the wood is variable with some bits not showing as much figuring, but it was cheap scrap cuts.

Excuse the photography. I haven't got a decent camera at present so this is the best it gets on my phone camera :rolling:

Matt

Registered
Nice pen there :thumbs: I'm trying to get back into my turning and ordering some Zetas is on my to do list

Jim

Grand Master
Nothing wrong with the pen David, it looks good my friend .. To me the only fault is that the image is to small for my eyes .. :thumbs:

Nice pen there :thumbs: I'm trying to get back into my turning and ordering some Zetas is on my to do list

Hope to see you back soon Matt ... :winking:

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
Right, I think I've managed to find out why my phone had save the pics at that size on Photobucket - all this technical stuff with phones goes over my head! Here's another try so you don't need a microscope.

masur birch zeta pen2.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
That is much better David, clearly shows off the beauty in the timber my friend .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).