• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DNS Aluminum Junior F P

jameshj

First Name
james
Pic 1 is the kit and drills
Pic 2 dry assembly of kit
Pic 3 This weeks Aluminum offering. Have been looking into various finishes for aluminum and will have some Anodised (or is that with a Z ) in the near future.
The kit has as standard a Bock Nid and Section.
You do not need the stepped drills but it has some, shall we say not standard sizes i.e. 11.1, 8.4 so cheaper and easer to get the right drill if you are going to make a number these pens.
Next up i am going to have a go the DNS Twister RB / BP in the next few days.
JHJDSCN0204.jpgDSCN0209.jpgDSCN0211.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Sure does look good James, and as Terry says, a picture fully dressed would be good my friend .. :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Nicely done!
You can Anodize your own Aluminium at home you know.
Should work well on a pen!
You only need a bit of sheet, your blank, some cold water fabric dye, a glass container, a 12v power supply, and some 1 molar dilute sulphuric acid.
Sounds complicated, but it isn't!
If I can find the instruction sheet I used for the school kids Jewellery projects, I'll post it up.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
It sure is nice enuff but for the price of those kits I would like to see a better fitting belt and the jewel in the cap just don't do it for me, sorry.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Amazing pen full of importance what you do at the join is personal James but the Claytons approach is do nothing and keep the pen as large as you have in metal a champher to the join would tend to draw attention to the join itself in the pocket clean shoulders for this one. Finish is personal as well right now it is a standout mate. Well done and more power to you.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).