• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Heres One i made Earlier

Jim

Grand Master
That sure has lasted the test of time James, and still looks good .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I sure looks good for it age Jamesh may I ask what type of finish did you put on it I remember those kits well and have visited the old C/S many times

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Woody. The finish is the finish i still use today Friction polish then two or three coats of carnauba wax. Still the best . My opinion for what its worth.

Great that is just how I do it I ask you to prove a point on polish finish I have been saying for years polish is the best finish and now you turn up saying the same great

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
He he he that pen sure has lasted well every one said and it has a polish finish WAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
James then pen sure has done well bit like my grandfathers axe with the new nib end. Excellent pen. The Canauba Wax coats have to be thin ones else it spoils as it goes is my experience my original stick is only part worn after 20 years to prove it.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).