• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Potentially big problem

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

This weekend myself and swwbo are off to sunny Essex for a day or so for a graduation. I haven't been down for years, we used to live there for quite a few years.

Problem, i a bargain on ebay and have bought 450kg of big oak blocks.
Well you can't pass it up can you and i did lose out on that pallet of burr elm and the diesel is cheaper than a pallet.
Its on the way back...well not exactly, about 130 miles there and back en route albeit further up the A1.

I was thinking of winging it and putting the wrong postcode in the say nav, turning the heater on subtlety.
The when we arrive maybe thinking anew approach.
She is normally good as gold, but uts normally bringign logs back from Ireland and not off route.

I would appreciate alternate tactics.

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
I can't fault your originality Pete, let me know if she fall for it ... :ciggrin:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I like your thinking,

"Sorry dear, this stupid sat nav got us lost, Hang on I will just ask in this house where we are."
After you return from the house.
"Look this nice man insist on me taking this 1/2 ton of wood home, I didnt want to offend him and refuse"
"Sorry dear you will have to sit on the bonnet there is not enough room in the car now." :ave_it::ave_it:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Hmmmmm ... How about:

"You know that solid wood dressing table I always promised to make you? How does oak sound?"

Just because you now have the wood you need feel no pressure to start on her table IMMEDIATELY ...:bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
I can give you an idea of the repercussions Pete, if caught out ... :bwink:

pete.gif

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
What's the matter with you man?
Just go and do what ever you want.
Sod her she is only a bloody woman.
Why do you blokes pussy foot around a woman's feelings?
Why is she moving from the sink in the first place?

Jim

Grand Master
Teach her to turn. Then SHE will be trying to figure out how to get YOU to go pick up the wood.

See, having a lady about the forum can help us guys out, the answer above is obviously the right one but we never saw it ... :funny:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
have all the timber some of it is nearly 16" square so some huge bowls in the offing.
They might sell !!
Boss lady was fine in the end even though a mate of mine dropped me in it the night before.
Took a good while longer journey wise but never been to the Lincolnshire coats and a nice part of the world it is too.
Thanks for all the comments they did make me smile.

Regards

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
Umm what a mate ... :funny:

I am pleased that she finally saw the logic in your madness Pete ... :ciggrin:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
big oak blocks, smaller ones were £5, some splits but nothing that can't be got around.
Air dried for 10 years and no preservative or anything.
About 450 kg including the 3 or 4 you can't see.
The small piece was a freebie opepe ?
Oh and 6 inch 7 foot long apple bow i rescued from a fire woodpile for another £5
Pete
P7120441.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).