• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Italy

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Hello my friends,
My name is Francesco, I'm from Italy and I'm 37 year old.
I'm a professional gunsmith and I work in a gun and gunsmithing shop.
I do some woodworking for hobby and I have a very little shop, with some woodworking equipment (a Wood lathe, a scroll saw, a litthe bench saw, a bench sander, and a sanding drum)
I started turning pen just for relax and gave them as a gift to my coworkers, parents and my son.
Here in italy there are many pen turner, but there is no official forum on pen turning (just some post on wood turning forums).
As you can guess, english is my second language, so bear with my grammar errors :whistling:.
I hope to be welcome in this community.

My best regards
Francesco

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Hello Bob,
I have some pohotographs laying arround in my Mac.
I will upload them on photobucket and make a post, but this one is the last I made for my employer's secretary:
2968021b-32f6-4364-bc44-01ba5ac3342b_zps55a6724f.jpg
She asked me for a simple pen, so I chose a Fancy kit with silver plating and turned some hard mahogany. The finish is carnauba softened with walnut oil. ( my own recipe and i literally love it:banana:)

Francesco

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hello Francesco indeed welcome mate I agree with the finish on your pen lots to like about the pen as well enjoy the forum mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Francesco and welcome to the forum. Don't worry too much about your English there are loads of us over here who struggle with it. It is my native language and I still can't get to grips with it after nearly 65 years.

:sob:Vic:sob:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Francesco. Welcome to the nuthouse.
Remove brain at the door and browse through the wonderful pages and pics here, you'll have fun doing so init?

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Welcome Franceso. Sounds like a very rewarding job you do - like your pen and the finish has a lovely depth to it - I've seen some beautiful Claro Walnut gunstocks in the USA if you also use that you will have some stunning pens Ciao :thumbs:

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Welcome to the forum Francesco, you will find lots of useful information here. A very nice pen with an unusual finish which certainly looks good. Allen

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Greetings and welcome to the nut house. . I wouldn't worry about your grammar as most of us with English as a first language don't know either..lovely pen also

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Ciao Francesco, welcome. Your English is fine, and being a Yorkshire man and a Leeds United fan, we have a natural link to Italy, well Juventus at least --Il Gigante Buono.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Francesco, your English is as good as most on here so no problems there and your pen is looking good with your own finish as well :thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, don't worry about your English, I'm sure it's a lot better than my Italian.

I would imagine being a gunsmith is a rewarding profession, I'm very jealous.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).