• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I love the classic rollerball !

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Hello mates,
I like a lot the european style pens, and this pen is always my 1st choice for personal use, but I wanted something new, so I got this Classic Rollerball kit.
Yesterday I got in the mail this gorgeous kit and.... I just finished the assembly, it still smell of polish :funny:
43168ad4-7484-4eb5-bdde-7e0db7b7e861_zps6f524e37.jpg

deb3f76f-0253-42dc-a4e9-9906c6223ff6_zps3e75fce7.jpg

a2efa115-bbdf-4758-998e-afbc03200dcc_zps2d02a050.jpg

The wood is Zebrano and it came from scraps that I got, for free, from a friend in Panama, that make luxury wood fornitures.
The finish is CA glue sanded with micromesh to 12000 and polished with front light polish.
In my humble opinion, there aren't many woods that can really take the CA finish, and still look good, but Zebrano can take it like nothing else:thumbs:
This kit is not very easy to turn, since is the old type, where you need to take away wood from the brass tube for fitting the band.
I will buy more kits for this style of pen, but here in Italy is a very expensive one (11€ in no laughing matter nowadays).
Can you adress me for a shop with lower prices, there in The United Kingdom?
P.s.: As you can tell, this time I used my digital reflex camera, but can't find my light tent. I tried to get rid of the shadows with an external flash in wireless mode, but can't really avoid some.

Have a good night
Francesco

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is very nice Francesco, lovely clean straight lines suits that pen well. :thumbs:

You can get these pens from Rizheng.

Jim

Grand Master
That Zebrano looks much better than any i have used .. :whistling: A very nice pen with a great finish Francesco .. You can look Here for much cheaper pen kits of this style .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Not my favourite kit but a nice looking pen in all respects.
Nothing wrong with the pics, I can see clearly the subject and don't mind shadows where they should be.
Well done.

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
That Zebrano looks much better than any i have used .. :whistling: A very nice pen with a great finish Francesco .. You can look Here for much cheaper pen kits of this style .. :thumbs:

Strewth!!
It's less than half the price!!
Going to put a juicy order on this site.
Thanks a lot for the hint.
Francesco

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I will follow your strewth with a blimey mate that pricing to you was rough . Your pen and blank came up alright I find it a hairy furry timber and agree that it takes CA really well. Is Olive timber in burl form easy to find in your country it sure is popular around the world? Pics are all you need to show the pen looking good over here are you in the north or the south of Italy?

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
I will follow your strewth with a blimey mate that pricing to you was rough . Your pen and blank came up alright I find it a hairy furry timber and agree that it takes CA really well. Is Olive timber in burl form easy to find in your country it sure is popular around the world? Pics are all you need to show the pen looking good over here are you in the north or the south of Italy?

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Sorry about the strewth, I just love english emphasis expessions :funny:
I'm from north Italy, and here olive wood, is very easy to find.

Have a nice day.
Francesco

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Sorry about the strewth, I just love english emphasis expessions :funny:
I'm from north Italy, and here olive wood, is very easy to find.

Have a nice day.
Francesco

Its a very common expression mate I was seconding it with a blimey also common use in my parent father and grandfather and me covering 1880, 1906, 1934 vintage blokes not so much now covered a lot of emphasis without swearing. In talking about Olive Wood run amok and get some you will never regret it IMHO it can have great impact. Some of my mates over the years came from the south in Italy. A close mate for a long time and I were Aldermen on a City Council we had each others backs an expression meaning absolute trust. After I left the area he became Mayor and he was given a Civic reception in his home town in Italy in his Mayoral Robes, his family were very proud. One time Gina Lolobrigida came to visit Canberra to promote her photography book and she came from the same town as Tony he went shy and I had to talk for us instead got some beaut pics of us with her, she wore a low cut dress and caused quite a stir in our houses when our wives viewed the pictures.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is a good old reliable kit you have done it proud, it has gone a bit out of fashion over here I haven't made up one of them for years now you need to beware of the cheep nasty kits in that style

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).