• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first ever pen

Moondoggy

First Name
Paul
As mentioned in my introduction post, here is a picture of my first ever pen.
Turned from a piece of Tambootie with a friction polish finish.
I just made it to try out my new pen turning mandrel kit.

Attachments

• P2138228.jpg
    P2138228.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 68

Jim

Grand Master
For the first pen it sure is a good effort Paul .. You need to keep this one and look back on it as the style of pen you make changes the more that you make .. :winking:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bugger all wrong with that init?
Nice pen nicely made and well pictured, although could be enhanced by losing the prop.

Last edited:

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Nice pen Paul,
just love this kit, simple and easy to assemble, and the small centerband is neat.
You got the Rotur pen turning kit, I'm right?
The bushings they give with this kit, are a little bit oversized, but afer some sanding they become the right size :thumbs:
Have you some previuos experience in wood turning?
By the way, you are on the right pat, just keep turning pens and forge your own style and finish preference.

Cheers
Francesco

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paul you have surpassed most new pen makers by a country mile with those clean straight barrels, most new penturners find flat level blanks very difficult.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is extraordinarily good for a first pen, you must have a lot of experience turning already to make one so perfect. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).