• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Very rare ringed budgeroo

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Lysicarpus angustifolius is not commercially available the few pockets of this timber are locked up in state forests in Sth West Queensland. The ringed version I have never had before or since obtained from a world timber special interest member yrs ago. He is now approaching my age and limited in his field trips these days. I had collected heaps of great stuff for Paul but that got confused so they are now dispersed bar a few will post one of Budgeroo Burl even as rare later this week.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• ring budgeroo.JPG
    ring budgeroo.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 55

Jim

Grand Master
Certainly out there on its own Peter .. A rare and unique pen must be hard to put a price on .. :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Superb Peter it amazes me the timbers that you show . Your craftsmanship in turning certainly makes the exotic timber stand out and as always your photography skills shine through.

:drool:Vic:drool:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Love that grain pattern a very well turned and finished pen Peter. Someone will treasure that more so knowing the history of the wood

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).