• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Snakewood

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The most difficult timber blank ever to drill with a fearsome reputation of multiple splitting , burning drills, just downright tough.
New Guinea Spider Shell with the Pen resting on it.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• SNAKEWOOD 4-25-2008 8-58-15.JPG
    SNAKEWOOD 4-25-2008 8-58-15.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 28

naxie

Registered
You certainly have some beautiful blanks Peter and know how to make the best of them. I always look forward to seeing your work.

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice looking pen Peter, the finish is bang on .. Have you had a pen from this wood crack on you? I have made a barron pen where one half cracked months after it was turned ... :rolling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks everyone I once fell in love with a box of NG shells and thrilled to find the right one cause even though I have a couple more blanks the misery almost outweighs the effort. No Jim however I always say if you can select your blanks let them aclimatise even for years thats an answer. Felt for some time now I should not buy more blanks but there are always tempters for me. My worst expensives have been African Ebony where whole blocks are fractured and only appear as you cut them up. I have for my old age (must be now) a one piece African Ebony Carved Walking Stick worth a bomb, love it.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).