• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Budgeroo burl

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Lysicarcpus angustifolius found in the Sth Western Queensland interior difficult to obtain called rare by so many from my stash of interesting Australian timbers I stopped turning down as the further I reduced it the grain altered I liked this stage. By the way as is my wont one coat only of CA I love the penetration that coat gives followed by Carnauba. Picked up a 12 oz container yesterday of Carnauba from Brazilian Rain Forests made in the USA.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 56

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Yet another piece of Australian timber that has been turned and presented to your normal excellent standard. I really envy the timber that you hold in your armoury Peter.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice pen indeed Peter, great shape and finish my friend .. :thumbs:

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Looks lovely Peter. You do have some lovely timber - I think I like the names as much as the wood !

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Verty nice pen mate.
I love this timber, and your turning style gave it a really classy touch.
A question about the centerband: Is it from the kit or you got it from elsewere? I asked this because I really like this centerband, but can't find it on sale.

Thanks for showing me this beauty
Francesco

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Verty nice pen mate.
I love this timber, and your turning style gave it a really classy touch.
A question about the centerband: Is it from the kit or you got it from elsewere? I asked this because I really like this centerband, but can't find it on sale.

Thanks for showing me this beauty
Francesco

Hi mate I buy these in Gold, Black, Chrome at Timberbits.com since i still have a lot of Slimline kits to use and because they fit my slender budget. They IMHO open up the slims to another dimension, now if purchasing these days the Streamline kit has these same bands from the get go and the kits have come down in price.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Another beautiful piece of timber Peter. And a good looking finish too. I like carnauba wax. Cracking job mate:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).