• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Epsilon

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I found another couple of Pissards purple plum blanks hiding under the wood racks.
Put the shorter piece on this kit that Dan sent me to try.

epsilon_640x121.jpg

I have to admit to thinking that this was a very odd looking kit, and was not sure whether I would like the finished pen, but actually I do.
My only reservation is the decorative band. The pattern that shows well in this shot is not that clearly defined. In some lights it can look like a series of black parallel lines, with bits of the black missing!
Component fit is good, and the mech is smooth as silk:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
A nicely turned Pen Neil, my only reservation is the nib, it looks to elongated .. The clip end looks bang on .. :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
A nicely turned Pen Neil, my only reservation is the nib, it looks to elongated .. The clip end looks bang on .. :thumbs:
I do think you are right Jim.
It was one of the things that made me think the kit looked a bit odd. I think most people expect a definition line around the area you hold the pen.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I also go along with Jim in relation to the nib end it does look a bit too long but pictures sometimes don't tell the whole story so in hand they may look fine.

:thinks:Vic:thinks:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
+3 for the nib end looking too long it needs a little decoration to break it up as I feel that using a longer blank would also make it look wrong.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Beautifully turned and finished Mr. Lawton sir. :thumbs: still not sure about the length of the nib section in relation to the size of the kit though:thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Love the pen specially the design neat in the pocket pen to see there and the nib section allows far better positioning of the pen whilst writing you will be able to see where your going far better than conventional sometimes stumpy tips. The emphasis on long long pens using the special tops for electronic appliances is a direct contrast to this neat all purpose pen kit. IMHO there is a great place for this pen in the quiver right now. Thank you for introducing it to me.The banding creates interest especially whilst on the move in the pocket. The Emporer Pen I showed recently is so heavy it would wreck pockets and coats.

Peter. Thanks Neil different is sometimes an awakening. Love your pen and timber.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I do have a set few people who try out new kits I make.
It will be interesting to see what they make of this kit! It is a sample, but I will replace the refill with one of Phil's, as the original is not too great.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
A nice pen. I like the look but I guess the real test is how it feels in the hand. Writing is a tactile experience after all. Allen

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for the comments guys.
I'll put this one to my testing team next week, and let you know the comments.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).