• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pr. Of cigars

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
My first turning of CIGARS. A matching pr. of Pen & Pencil in Mahogany

Glen

Attachments

• 005 (800x721).jpg
    005 (800x721).jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 65

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The world has surprises and challenges the term first Cigars infers first pen not so neat pen and pencil dark woods are hard to photograph so I assume they are very well turned and in the hand are beautiful Glen:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:.

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Glen,

Is the nib fully extended on the ball point? If it is I think you need to look at the ends of the lower blank. Is the wood trimmed back to the ends of the tube?

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Glen,

They look good, my friend - well done!
As Neil has said, if the nib has been fully extended then there is not enough protruding through the end. This may be due to you not pushing the mechanism in far enough (?)

Bob.

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Glen,

Is the nib fully extended on the ball point? If it is I think you need to look at the ends of the lower blank. Is the wood trimmed back to the ends of the tube?

Neil
Thanks for your comment , just checked the PEN, thank goodness it was only that I had not turned the mechanism fully for the photo shot.

Glen

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice set Glen, never made a cigar pencil .. What do you think of them?

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Very nice set Glen, never made a cigar pencil .. What do you think of them?

Jim
These were the first ones I have made, they were ok once I had mastered the Pencil mechanism.
They are quite a heavy pen. I like the way that you can buy the pencil mechanism separately so you can either have the pen or a pencil or also make a matching pair.
I have another 2 kits so I will see how they turn out.
Glen

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).