The Phil Dart/ Beaufort Ink Challenge

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The Phil Dart/ Beaufort Ink Challenge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Co. Down N Ireland
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The Phil Dart/ Beaufort Ink Challenge

    Morse recently started a thread praising Phil on the speed of his service as he ordered on a Monday and got delivery on the Thursday and thought that Phil could not do any better.
    So on Monday I challenged Phil to do better. I put in an order on Monday and behold the goods were delivered today, Wednesday. Hats off to Phil who not only improved by one full day but also delivered to a different country as well.
    The man is truly a legend.

    Alan


     
     
  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canberra AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    23,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great coaching with results.I suspect Phil does this by nature anyway. I also note a new dealer in Aus.

    Peter.
    Nil Desperandum

     
     
  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Astley
    Posts
    4,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know Alan, but remember, Phil only posted the order the same day He received the order, the rest was down to the postal service.
    Kind regards John.

     
     
  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Co. Down N Ireland
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    That's good to know Alan, but remember, Phil only posted the order the same day He received the order, the rest was down to the postal service.
    I know John. and getting the delivery in 2 days has always been the norm.
    I was just having a laugh with Phil when I ordered.
    Alan

     
     
  5. Thanks fortress thanked for this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Colebrooke, Devon
    Posts
    4,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Phil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    www.beaufortink.co.uk
    Beaufort Ink on Facebook
    Top quality nibs, inks and refills, pen kits, tools and supplies for discerning pen enthusiasts and makers.
    Agents for Bock nibs.
    Specialist supplies for kitless pens and custom pen makers.

     
     
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Colebrooke, Devon
    Posts
    4,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Phil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Thanks for your down to earth observation @fortress. I was looking forward to champagne this evening - now it's back to tap water
    www.beaufortink.co.uk
    Beaufort Ink on Facebook
    Top quality nibs, inks and refills, pen kits, tools and supplies for discerning pen enthusiasts and makers.
    Agents for Bock nibs.
    Specialist supplies for kitless pens and custom pen makers.

     
     
  8. Likes fortress liked this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortress View Post
    That's good to know Alan, but remember, Phil only posted the order the same day He received the order, the rest was down to the postal service.
    Good job it is not down here as it would take anything up to three weeks. I placed an order from Yorkshire from a well-known turner and it took two weeks. I was told by the postie that some things are being held for anything up to three weeks at the regional depot. He did go back to our local office and on Saturday brought it out(I only spoke to him on Friday). he had found it for delivery for later in the following week.
    Thumbs up to my local postie but the rest of the service sucks and they try to blame the virus
    "The only people who never fail are those that never try"


    DL Woodart

     
     
  10. Likes fortress liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire. UK
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dave
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan morrison View Post
    Morse recently started a thread praising Phil on the speed of his service as he ordered on a Monday and got delivery on the Thursday and thought that Phil could not do any better.
    So on Monday I challenged Phil to do better. I put in an order on Monday and behold the goods were delivered today, Wednesday. Hats off to Phil who not only improved by one full day but also delivered to a different country as well.
    The man is truly a legend.

    Alan
    Just to clarify my post Alan.
    I have had next day delivery from Phil, my last order was the cheapest cost for delivery. At the time of ordering I wasn't in any rush for the kits.
    Yes Phil will try to send out same day, then its up to what delivery service you've asked for, plus the postal service.

    Keep up the good service Phil.

    Dave

     
     
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Co. Down N Ireland
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    Just to clarify my post Alan.
    I have had next day delivery from Phil, my last order was the cheapest cost for delivery. At the time of ordering I wasn't in any rush for the kits.
    Yes Phil will try to send out same day, then its up to what delivery service you've asked for, plus the postal service.

    Keep up the good service Phil.

    Dave
    I understand that, Dave, I was just having a bit of a laugh with Phil
    Alan

     
     
  13. Likes Morse liked this post
  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
    Posts
    21,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Phil.


    Quote Originally Posted by Penpal View Post
    Great coaching with results.I suspect Phil does this by nature anyway. I also note a new dealer in Aus.

    Peter.
    Who is this Peter?

    COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

     
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •