• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bush in the hand ...

crazylegs

Apprentice Member
First Name
Kevin
Anyone got a load of different pen bushes that are duplicates the want to get rid of? I am starting out and this would be useful. For a reasonable sum of course.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Yesterday I made my most recent pen with a funny (not really) tube size so I made two neat fit bushes on my metal lathe,if you do not have this backup you can still make your own on your wood lathe, especially if its seldom used sizing. Indeed to enable complete finishing and using CA etc for finishing I cut back the shoulders of bushes to allow turning at the ends without catching the bushes on the chisels, or worse glueing them to the blank. Let your Calipers be your best friend or turn between centres and eliminate the need.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).