• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

my first yarn bowl

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
this is the last of the christmas prezzies,,,,this one's for my sis in law, she loves anything natural wood, so the only finish is shellack and beeswax...also the first time ive used my dremel on wood...im quite proud of this one and i hope she likes it..

20211214_190733.jpg

i think its magnolia, but not overly sure, it was long dead when i convinced the gardener to let me have the bigger chunks :thumbs:

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
That is excellent.I have made some yarn bowls and forming the slot has always been fiddlly.The dremel seems a sound idea.

it was fiddly, due to the rotation of the bit, it has a tendancy to wander off in one direction just like a router does....i did this one with a rotozip bit, which just happens to fit the dremel....its kind of like a drill file.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).