• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bog Yew - Gun metal Omega

Ratty

First Name
David
I love working Yew and the fact that this one is English and dated to over 5000 years old make it even more special.

Second time lucky for this kit - it was very nearly a very figured lightish brown Bog oak, but that gave up on the final touch of the chisel. :vangry:

Attachments

• WP_20160527_16_25_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160527_16_25_18_Pro.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 65
  • WP_20160527_16_24_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160527_16_24_30_Pro.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 64

Jim

Grand Master
I believe this is my first Bog Yew David, sure does look good .. :wink:

Ratty

First Name
David
Not much of it about, I have 3 blanks left and can't get anymore until it is found again.
It looks better in the flesh, plenty of grain just does not show to well in the photos.
I love the history its older than Stonehenge!

Dave

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).