• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

“The Rockster” fountain pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi pen people.

Heres my signature pen model, a tribute to our much loved miniature schnauzer Rocky. He is black and silver and always wears a red collar. (When I say “wears” what I really mean is we put it on him, he’s not dressing himself yet).

It’s a straight-bodied pen with no step on the barrel.

The pen is made from cellulose acetate. The black Jowo nib is engraved by yours truly and the Argentium silver finial coin is done for me by somebody else.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_8867.jpegIMG_8873.jpegIMG_8877.jpegIMG_8878.jpegIMG_8884.jpegIMG_8863.jpegIMG_8865.jpeg

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Excellent yet again, Ash. You never fail to amaze. I actually really like that pen despite it being acrylic.
No step looks good, that's the way they should be.

You should post a picture of a really crappy pen once in a while so that we know that you are human.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I can see where the inspiration comes from :lmao:

Really nice job as always and yes that's a beauty that blank

DuncSuss

First Name
Duncan
That's just about perfect. Nothing there that shouldn't be there, nothing missing, all put together the right way.

(And I say that even though I'm a "the clip maketh the pen" kind of person.)

I've been meaning to ask you - what make/model laser are you using to engrave nibs? (Guessing it's a fiber laser, not an LED or CO2, but I should wait for you to answer instead of trying to deduce it!)