• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ash bowl

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Had the chance to try out some oils by Rubio monocoat, as the name suggests they are a single coat oil so I thought Id try them by turning an ash bowl.
This is the base oiled whilst still on Cole jaws

4D44FCA2-43C8-410E-A7FB-1ADFE63626E4.jpeg
Then removed from the lathe & a coat of their oil plus 2C pure oil on the rim & inside

0372B9F2-C2DD-4525-A983-2F100989B303.jpeg
very happy with the finish very easy to apply.

8387D119-D8F3-4B2E-A8C0-5F23C93B4D45.jpeg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Very nice bowl and I love the colour too, I have been using Rubio as a pen finish for a while... It seems to last well and smells great! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
A beautiful bowl Doug. Good to see you posting on the Forum again.
Thanks Phil, the lathe has taken a bit of a back seat the last few years but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Nice one Doug not a fan of colouring but you done a grand job on what one m8

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).