• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bandsaw Birds and Box

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Been doing a major sort out of the workshop and came across some bits of wood that weren't big enough for pens, plus I actually fancied a bit of a change, so I made these birds on the bandsaw. It's literally 4 cuts and a bit of sanding. This motley crew are made from sycamore, walnut, beech and a cross-cut libernum. I also have an oak version that didn't quite make the photo in time.

While I was at it I also made my first ever bandsaw box. I know, I am quite late to the party. Even though the one I made could be better, I liked doing it so much I'm now eyeing up every bit of wood I have lying around...

Cheers
Ash

IMG_0389.jpegIMG_0364.jpegIMG_0359.jpeg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That's a nice eclectic mix of birds, very nice indeed, only just worked out doing boxes on the lathe, now you go and confuse me with a band saw🤯... Lovely job 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻