• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Best starter Lathe for under £300.

Princejimuk

Apprentice Member
First Name
James
Hi, just checking on price, have an old clarke 37" I have done up. However, just checking on the best lathe for a beginner for a budget of about £300, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Below are just two that immediately came to mind. My pref would be for the Record Power offering.

Or

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I have an Axminster (Axi) Perfom lathe and its been faultless for years... I have only recently had to service it when the belt crumbled away, it was £30 for new bearings and belt....
I do like the look of the Record stuff and have there pillar drill, but not tried their lathes yet

andymor50

Apprentice Member
First Name
Andrew
I have the Record DML 320 on a stand, really excellent lathe but wish I hadn't downgraded from my Union Graduate but then again I'm only turning pens.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).