• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Costs Going UP......

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
I know as with everything in life these days the price of items we buy is forever going up....

The Ice-cream Scoops I made, I was having a rummage through some boxes and came across the kits in a box marked "Odd Stuff" from when we moved 4 years ago

Made a few and have had requests for some more, thought I would have a look and get some more kits.
Blimey, the price of them has rocketed.......
I paid £3.50 a kit 5 years ago and they are now double and in some cases 10x that now.

Even Pen Kits are going up in cost, making a lot of them out of my price range, as I make for charities and fund raisers I try and keep my costs to a minimum, and only charge the materials costs, they keep all profits and raise much needed funds but its getting to the stage where I will soon be charging MORE than they can sell them for.

I have also noticed (while scouring the net) that the favourite word for re-sellers at the moment is "Artisan" - ANY kit with that in front is going to be expensive :vangry:

Example for you...... This one - Not Bad Price

Then this one.... HOW Can they charge this!

akirk

First Name
Alasdair
not sure that is the best comparison - grandado.com is a chinese company and there is probably some weird marketing algorithm at play
Stiles and Bates is a nice traditional British company...

yes, prices have increased, but deal with the good suppliers and as far as possible they maintain prices...

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
not sure that is the best comparison - grandado.com is a chinese company and there is probably some weird marketing algorithm at play
Stiles and Bates is a nice traditional British company...

yes, prices have increased, but deal with the good suppliers and as far as possible they maintain prices...
Just comparing best (so far found) and the worst Alasdair :thinks: