• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cyclone pen set

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
I do love my hobby had a little play this morning made a Cyclone pen set in Satin blood wood and used a Mallee top off cut from making a bowl for a stand also a streamline pen dressed in Red Mallee burr which sold instantly

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0403.jpeg
    IMG_0403.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

sutdm

Peak district (cheshire, but i'm not a footballer)
First Name
Mark
Your attention to detail is great.
As a matter of interest has anyone posted a 'guide to selling pens online, where to advertise, what to charge etc. I'm aware i'm asking turkeys to vote for christmas as potential competition but hopefully a) there's enough space in the market and b) my style of pen is different enough from others it attracts a different client base so wouldn't be treading on peoples toes. Sorry to nick your thread.

Mark

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That's a great set mate, beautiful timber, as always the wood fairies have shone on you....no waste either with that fantastic pen stand :drool: :drool:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Your attention to detail is great.
As a matter of interest has anyone posted a 'guide to selling pens online, where to advertise, what to charge etc. I'm aware i'm asking turkeys to vote for christmas as potential competition but hopefully a) there's enough space in the market and b) my style of pen is different enough from others it attracts a different client base so wouldn't be treading on peoples toes. Sorry to nick your thread.

Mark
Healthy competition is a good thing my sales are a lot different to most as mine are fundraisers for veterans and terminally ill children and I auction a lot of my pens the old guide we used to follow years ago was to triple the price it cost to make a pen including your time hope this helps I avoid eBay and Etsy