• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dog kit problem

maggie

Apprentice Member
First Name
Margaret
Checked no blobs crushed bits everything in kit exactly the same as in the other 2 kits of this type totally stumped

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Hello, Maggie, and welcome to the forum.

If the nib comes out and won't go back in then it sounds like it is tight in the nib cone.
Check this by taking the pen apart and push the refill in and out by hand. If it is stiff then make the small end of the nib cone larger .
You can do this with a drill bit. I think that it is around 2mm.

Alan

maggie

Apprentice Member
First Name
Margaret
Hello, Maggie, and welcome to the forum.

If the nib comes out and won't go back in then it sounds like it is tight in the nib cone.
Check this by taking the pen apart and push the refill in and out by hand. If it is stiff then make the small end of the nib cone larger .
You can do this with a drill bit. I think that it is around 2mm.

Alan
Hi right what i have noticed is if i start to unscrew tip then it springs back in. Really weird i don't usually have trouble but having a mare this week

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
It's hanging up on the opening of the nib... As suggested just try running a small drill through it...