• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well what can I say certainly an interesting shape is the little bit at the top for rings. Looks like it is well turned and finished

woodhacker

Fellow
First Name
Peter also been called many others
Well what can I say certainly an interesting shape is the little bit at the top for rings. Looks like it is well turned and finished

Derek I had never used a parting tool before so was finding it a bit awkward to part on that side which was against the chuck (the thumb now knows to keep away from the chuck)
anyway i found it easier to leave a finial. I now prefer your idea so its now a ring holder. Thank you for that.:banana::banana:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Derek I had never used a parting tool before so was finding it a bit awkward to part on that side which was against the chuck (the thumb now knows to keep away from the chuck)
anyway i found it easier to leave a finial. I now prefer your idea so its now a ring holder. Thank you for that.:banana::banana:

May have been easier to use a jam chuck that way the fingers are not near the chuck, just complete and clean as much as possible before parting then use the jam chuck

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).