• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Finally made my tail stock die holder!

Syzygy

First Name
Gerry
It's done! I had a few issues on the way a probably pushed the lathe to it's upper limits and possibly beyond! I had problems sourcing a good knurling tool
and in the end had to make do with a single wheel? It seemed to do the job alright, I made mistakes on the way but overall I'm pleased with the result.
I thoroughly enjuoyed myself, and look forward to the next project. The knurling went okay and I was able to identify my mistake which can be seen at the die end.
I didn't turn this to the same diameter as the rest of the holder hence the reason why the knurling pattern went a bit :rolling:
Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• IMG-5555.jpg
    IMG-5555.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG-5554.jpg
    IMG-5554.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-5550.jpg
    IMG-5550.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-5552.jpg
    IMG-5552.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-5556.jpg
    IMG-5556.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Admire your skill mate especially the knurling is well clear of the screws that chew skin in use if you are not careful, smaller wcrews help that in use are flush..