• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Grey black and yellow fountain pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi pen people.

I hope you are all keeping well and looking forward to another weekend in the workshop, if time allows.

I recently posted in the buy/sell section on here asking if anybody had any yellow ebonite for a pen idea I had. The truth is I already had a small piece but not enough for the pen I had in mind so I went ahead with it and made this.

I’m still looking for some more as the pen I really want to make will feature more yellow and look slightly different to this, but I wanted to see how the colours worked.

Interested to hear what you think of the combo.

Cheers
Ash
IMG_6066.jpegIMG_6053.jpegIMG_6058.jpegIMG_6061.jpegIMG_6047.jpeg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That works very nicely, stunning work as always and just a bit different with the yellow :drool:

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
As others say stunning as always... my opinion on the yellow as you asked is that it is suitably subtle and works well, but I like yellow so am interested to see what 'more' looks like :winking:

Padster

PensFromNo11

First Name
Darren
A classy combo, I'm getting slight national geographic vibes...
Not sure if the yellow has a fleck or some transfluency but it really works with the gray material.

First Name
Gary
Hi pen people.

I hope you are all keeping well and looking forward to another weekend in the workshop, if time allows.

I recently posted in the buy/sell section on here asking if anybody had any yellow ebonite for a pen idea I had. The truth is I already had a small piece but not enough for the pen I had in mind so I went ahead with it and made this.

I’m still looking for some more as the pen I really want to make will feature more yellow and look slightly different to this, but I wanted to see how the colours worked.

Interested to hear what you think of the combo.

Cheers
Ash
View attachment 50630View attachment 50631View attachment 50632View attachment 50633View attachment 50634
I really like it, What is the main blank; acrylic??