• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Had some donation kits

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
This was a blast from the past I received a package from a friend today a box full of old pen kits from many years ago some of you old timers will remember them from Craft Supplies of Millers Dale some still had the instructions with them LOL slim lines 8mm click pens American flat top fountain pens and rollerballs key rings clock numbers going to be busy IMG_0467.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
My first fountain pen kits came from “ John Boddy of Boroughbridge “ , anyone remember them ? 30 years later and I live 15 miles away although they have long gone and the site is housing now. Happy memories of wondering about buying tools n timber in my youth.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
My first fountain pen kits came from “ John Boddy of Boroughbridge “ , anyone remember them ? 30 years later and I live 15 miles away although they have long gone and the site is housing now. Happy memories of wondering about buying tools n timber in my youth.
I used to pass by regularly in the late 70s/80s and always made a point of calling in and always came away with some heafty chunks of timber, some of which I still have :noway1:They started supplying a local company not too far from me but unfortunately that didn't work out. I understand they moved into hardwood floors for a while before closing.

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I used to pass by regularly in the late 70s/80s and always made a point of calling in and always came away with some heafty chunks of timber, some of which I still have :noway1:They started supplying a local company not too far from me but unfortunately that didn't work out. I understand they moved into hardwood floors for a while before closing.
Ahh Bob

but the timber will have properly dried and mature by now making it far more stable and user friendly ( and thats what you tell SWMBO !!!😉)

Its like castings for model engineering , at LEAST 20 years under the bench are required before use 😇

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
With being fairly new to the hobby, Sorry never heard about them, but that was probably before I started the hobby.
Looking forward to seeing the results Woody!!!
Which in your case probably be tomorrow :lmao: :winking:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Ahh Bob

but the timber will have properly dried and mature by now making it far more stable and user friendly ( and thats what you tell SWMBO !!!😉)

Its like castings for model engineering , at LEAST 20 years under the bench are required before use 😇
My missus isn't especially interested in all the wood really though she might if she knew the value of some of it, however she does sometimes wonder why I need quite so many planes and other tools.
I've sold on a couple of things recwntly and she naively thinks I might be having a clearout. :rolling: