• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Look who's back!!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi all,

Well it looks like I'm up and turning,
My first two from today,
A George Watkins blank on a Cyclone, and a Spitfire propeller on a Sirocco,
There was nearly a third (it might be a Leveche) that I'm turning with calipers, but the wife wanted me (never had that problem in the last workshop 🤣🤣)

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_174912_edit_1617526916328177.jpg
    IMG_20230906_174912_edit_1617526916328177.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230906_175116.jpg
    IMG_20230906_175116.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Great to see you back in the saddle Mark.

Cracking pair to return with and I’m really loving the spitfire timber. Looks fantastic.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Great to see you back in the saddle Mark.

Cracking pair to return with and I’m really loving the spitfire timber. Looks fantastic.
The Spitfire is interesting as its a resin impregnated birch plywood, it turns and polishes really well but has an odd 'old' smell to it

Tom.1946

Graduate Member
First Name
Tom
Nice to see you back in the saddle, and love the pens.....
Just got great granddaughter's back to school so hopefully will have a bit more time myself.
Cut all my acrylic and wood blanks suitable for either Slimline or Streamline pens and drilled them as well. Also the same with Sierra blanks.
Roughed up all the tubes for both as well. Made mistake as I glued most of them into acrylic instead of mixing with some wood pens as I am still new to turning acrylic. So may take a while before any pictures. Think I have a few wood Sierras to do....

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Great to know you've got your new workshop up and running Mark. PM me your address though please @flexi - I've only got your old Gadds Hill address and I have a little parcel I want to send to you