• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mazzucchelli Acquario and Olive Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Evening Pen People

The next pen I make will definitely be a more modern looking affair, however I’ve had a bit of a vintage vibe going on for the last few I’ve made. No idea why.

This is similar to the previous pen I put on here. This time the main material is a rather nice Mazzucchelli cellulose acetate material I managed to snag at the end of last year. There isn’t a lot of this around as far as I know.

I like the look of this pen. I know I made it, but I’m sure you all know that feeling we sometimes get when something just looks “right” in your own mind.

I do like these clips from Beaufort wheee you can add a cabochon to the end. I don’t make my own clips, (I would have to make them from silver and they never look right to me), so I prefer the chrome plated, or in this case gold plated, sprung steel versions that it would be very hard for me to replicate. So being able to add a touch of colour is a nice compromise of sorts.

The accents are all brass apart from the Argentium silver coin.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_9488.jpegIMG_9493.jpegIMG_9499.jpegIMG_9502.jpegIMG_9478.jpegIMG_9483.jpeg

DuncSuss

First Name
Duncan
Very nice, Ash. I haven't seen that variety of Mazzucchelli Cebloplast before - your choice to match it with solid olive works really well.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
As always Ash, very well turned and she is a beaut, I love how you always pair the blanks and accents really well....i was wondering if you had some dark blue accents what that might look like?? Probably too much blue maybe??
Keep em coming mate!!

Kendoka

First Name
Anthony
I really like how you matched the section and finials with the green in the body of the blank.