• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

More bullet pen questions šŸ˜

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Hi,
Having made a few bullet pens now (with your help) I began to wonder if there was an approved design to make them incorporating a Parker refill as opposed to the cross style refills and what mechanism would you use?
Regarding making pens from other cartridges than 7.62x51, how do you manage the fact that the 7mm tubes are only 50mm long. I can see tubes 10ā€ long, do you cut them to fit or leave them short?
As to the pen tips, I can see how you can bore out bullets, but do you glue them into the neck, or just use friction after sizing with perhaps a crimp.
Thanks

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi, to hold my bullet tips into the cases I use a reloading press and rely on the friction as I would with reloading live ammunition.....
You are correct that other case lengths vary, over time I have worked out what will and what won't work or modifications needed to succeed. Again only a couple of calibers I have found need longer tubes if you use them at all (58mm from Axi).
I do use Parker refills but only in the bigger calibers.. .338Lapau .500nitro .50BMG
PM sent too

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_143621_edit_630854905803737.jpg
    IMG_20211124_143621_edit_630854905803737.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Hi, to hold my bullet tips into the cases I use a reloading press and rely on the friction as I would with reloading live ammunition.....
You are correct that other case lengths vary, over time I have worked out what will and what won't work or modifications needed to succeed. Again only a couple of calibers I have found need longer tubes if you use them at all (58mm from Axi).
I do use Parker refills but only in the bigger calibers.. .338Lapau .500nitro .50BMG
PM sent too
They are a thing of beauty Mark šŸ˜