• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Need some help

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
I have only ever done clear casting for picture blanks but I have just purchased an Oak burr log with a big void on one side and want to try using glasscast which I have managed to get but I want to fill it with a coloured metallic resin and some burr offcuts but haven’t got a scooby what I need to colour it or where to get it any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
I have only ever done clear casting for picture blanks but I have just purchased an Oak burr log with a big void on one side and want to try using glasscast which I have managed to get but I want to fill it with a coloured metallic resin and some burr offcuts but haven’t got a scooby what I need to colour it or where to get it any help would be greatly appreciated
What colour are you thinking of Woody?
I have 68 different colours of Resin Powder so just about ANY combination I could help you with.
Let me know and your adress via PM and I will get some in the post to you :thumbs:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
What colour are you thinking of Woody?
I have 68 different colours of Resin Powder so just about ANY combination I could help you with.
Let me know and your adress via PM and I will get some in the post to you :thumbs:
Cheers m8 I was thinking purple

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Looking through some of the old posts and realised that I never got to see and now never will see what would have been another “Woody Creation” with the resin powders I sent him.
He sent me a pm saying he loved the colours and I said I was looking forward to seeing the end result.
😞😞😞