• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member from Donegal Ireland

donegalturner

First Name
Aaron
Hi guys, my name is Aaron Mckeown and live in Donegal Ireland,
Recently started turning in general to help my own mental health and plan on using items i make in our giftware business.
Im using a charnwood 824 midi lathe and viper 2 chuck with Carbide tools until i can get a pro edge then im learning the craft of hss work.
ive also just dabbled in pen turning as again with our gift business and engraving service it could add a element for us.
hope to learn plenty and if anyone has any advice they need with laser work or design work etc dont hesitate to ask :)

donegalturner

First Name
Aaron
These are my first 2 pens ever turned and I'm pretty happy.

Need to concentrate on getting the diameter down right as I'd say there a 1mm or so lip between the wood and the pen components etc

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_143038.jpg
    IMG_20231005_143038.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7