• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member from Northeast

Adal6

First Name
Alan
Hello Alex
I have been putting the first five pens I made a few weeks ago to find that there is a lip between the centre band of the bottom and the top parts of the pens I turned the blanks down to the bushes. the first mandrel I sent for was a 2mt but as I found out later it was neither 1 or 2 mt it turned out to be 16mm so not knowing I made some pens with it then I sent away to axminter and got a 2 mt mandrel. I do not know if I mixed the bushes up the ones from axminter look a lot better made than the ones off the other mandrel

kind regards
Alan

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Welcome to the forum Alan. A lot of knowable and helpful people on this site .
Hopefully will see some of your pens shortly.......

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Hello Alex
I have been putting the first five pens I made a few weeks ago to find that there is a lip between the centre band of the bottom and the top parts of the pens I turned the blanks down to the bushes. the first mandrel I sent for was a 2mt but as I found out later it was neither 1 or 2 mt it turned out to be 16mm so not knowing I made some pens with it then I sent away to axminter and got a 2 mt mandrel. I do not know if I mixed the bushes up the ones from axminter look a lot better made than the ones off the other mandrel

kind regards
Alan
Perhaps youā€™ll be able to post some pics soon
Sounds like youā€™ve learnt loads already! šŸ˜€