• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member from Texas

RG_Texas

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ron
Hello all -- I am glad to be a member of the group and hope to learn a lot here. I've turned mostly bowls and vases, but now want to learn more about the fine art of pen making! BTW, I noticed that I do not have permission to download anything. Is there a way of fixing that? Thanks!! - Ron

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Welcome Ron

lots to see and a lot of friendly chat , like you get on certain US forums I find. Before you rush and buy any more “essential tools “ try the standard ones . Generally they work well as the mass stops vibration and on things a small as a pen vibration is a hassle you don’t need.

Have fun

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Ron and welcome to the forum, we are a friendly bunch of people from a growing mix, there's always someone who can help out.... Enjoy your time

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hello Ron - welcome to the forum. Your ability to download will suddendly materialise once you've posted a couple more times. It's a measure to keep spammers at bay and to encourage participation rather than just taking and running.

RG_Texas

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ron
Hello Ron - welcome to the forum. Your ability to download will suddendly materialise once you've posted a couple more times. It's a measure to keep spammers at bay and to encourage participation rather than just taking and running.
Thanks Phil! I'm looking forward to posting a few photos. - Ron