• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbe

Princejimuk

Apprentice Member
First Name
James
Just renovated an old Clarke 37" lathe and wood like to start Pen turning. I' am 76 and just recovering from Cancer and looking for something to keep my mind active. First mistake ordered a Pen mandrill and its to large to fit in the head stock. Any help would be appreciated.

His Nibs

First Name
Richard
Hello James, welcome to the pen forum. Lots of advice and help on here. I am sure some will tell you what mandrel size you need for your Clarke lathe.
Richard

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Hi Jim sounds like you’ve a morse taper 2 mandrel my guess is you need a morse taper 1. Easy mistake to make. Take up young Mark’s offer (flexi is his handle here) and try out for size 👍
Welcome by the way! 😀

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).