• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Random question regarding craft show

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
You decide to do a craft show for the first time.
And you sell a pen...
1. Do you charge cash only.....
2. I don't use PayPal so how do you use it for someone wanting to pay this way?
3. They want to pay by debit/credit card how do you set that up and what is the cost involved??

All things a newbie needs to know, so any advice would be appreciated....

Thanks just was asked why I don't do them so a bit daunting...

loftyhermes

First Name
Steve
1. When I did craft shows I only took cash, though I didn't have anything priced over £50, and I always knew where the nearest cash machine was.
2. In 5 years nobody mentioned using Paypal
3. Use a card reader for debit/credit cards such as Sumup, Square, etc. Check out costs involved with each, also mobile phone signal or wifi
wherever you go, they need these to work, might not be worth it for just a few show
4. Don't forget insurance, Public and Product Liability is a must.

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
1. When I did craft shows I only took cash, though I didn't have anything priced over £50, and I always knew where the nearest cash machine was.
2. In 5 years nobody mentioned using Paypal
3. Use a card reader for debit/credit cards such as Sumup, Square, etc. Check out costs involved with each, also mobile phone signal or wifi
wherever you go, they need these to work, might not be worth it for just a few show
4. Don't forget insurance, Public and Product Liability is a must.
Thank you very much for your reply...

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I use sum up and they have just started allowing you to take Paypal as well. Just pay for the machine and a very small fee for each transaction. I use to only do cash but since using Sunup sales have increased as many people do not carry a lot of cash.
As already stated it does require a phone signal