• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Record DML 320 stopped working.

andymor

First Name
Andrew
Wednesday morning turned lathe on and spindle speed reads 00 then after a few seconds goes to 05, when pressing stop button it stays on 05 for a few seconds and then goes to 00 for a second before shutting down. Evening before I was turning a pen blank with an aluminium insert for the first time and finding it really hard to turn so was pushing with all my strength and not getting anywhere so eventually just shut down. Later I realised that I had left the lathe in reverse when sanding a couple of pens the previous night. I feel so much of an idiot but I have real memory problems and just forgot. Does anyone know the problem, could it be the electronic unit or the motor.

andymor50

Apprentice Member
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Dave, will contact them in the morning, was just hoping someone might know offhand. :violin:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
We all have "moments" from time to time Andrew, so don't beat yourself up too much. It would be interesting to hear what Record have to say though - I'm sure we'd all like to know, for future reference.