• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stiles and Bates

Nicholas Andrews

First Name
Nicholas
Have I read it right? Stiles and Bates, end of an era, another one bites the dust.
Sad new, I had only just found them as well.
S & B known to me for any years. Anyone remember Dave Bates Friday evening demos? A lovely family, top quality supplies and visits to Upper Farm always enjoyable - especially conversations with Dave B. about woodturning which invariably turned to politics! if this is retirement I wish David and Janet a long and happy one. I will give the new owners a try but they will have to be exceptional to even match the S & B I have had the pleasure of knowing since I began turning.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
S & B known to me for any years. Anyone remember Dave Bates Friday evening demos? A lovely family, top quality supplies and visits to Upper Farm always enjoyable - especially conversations with Dave B. about woodturning which invariably turned to politics! if this is retirement I wish David and Janet a long and happy one. I will give the new owners a try but they will have to be exceptional to even match the S & B I have had the pleasure of knowing since I began turning.
Wrapping up shop, woodturning element being closed down, wood being run online by Dalman as I understand it.

akirk

First Name
Alasdair
yes - as above - the accessories / project bits are not being continued... wood blanks to carry on through Dalman.
friend and I have both had large orders put in as soon as we heard (some very good discounts on things like ice-cream scoops / other project bits!)
when I spoke to them they said that it went mad just after they made the announcement so I suspect they may have sold out of a lot of items now..
I am south west rather than south east, but still sued to order from them -always a shame, but they just feel that it is time to call it a day...