• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

twonk of the week

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
and the award goes to ( insert virtual drum roll )

me.
have spent a week working on a faith kit from psi, beautiful piece of wood i aquired from spain, gave it about 15 coats of CA, polished it up lovely..
tried assembling it only to realise i had turned it upside down..
not impressed with myself and will go sit on the naughty step.

be back in a month :sob:

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Unfortunately I too am a twonk as I foolishly stuck my fingers between the chuck and tool rest the other day… the chuck was only turning at a mere 3000 rpm at the time. Alas it’s affected my output whilst the ends of my fingers grow back 🤪🤪🤪

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Wish you a rapid recovery Alex

I sfill have the YEW bowl that tried to decapitate me 25 years ago by exploding as I took “one final cut internally”. My good lady had bought me a face mask some 2 weeks previously and I was wearing it thank heavens. The bits hit a door some 10 feet away and left a deep,score mark. I recovered all of them and epoxied it back together.

Kept as a reminder that we are all mortal