• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Well we all have them

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Ooooh those are rather nice, beautiful finish on the acrylic ones too... Well done :claps:

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Good day
finished five pens today three acrylic slimlines on my own. One Streamline in Zebrano wood and Sierra in multi coloured layered wood.
Ooooh those are rather nice, beautiful finish on the acrylic ones too... Well done :claps:
Thanks very much Flexi. However you need to see other post...... on the bad part of the day.....

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Yes so do I, as mentioned previously.... I started using Farcla g10 5 or 6 years ago which is a marine paint cutting compound, it's expensive but lasts well. I have recently been using a car paint cutting compound from Machine Mart as its on my doorstep. It comes in a couple of different grades and as long as you remember to switch cloths ( blue roll) when you switch grits it too works great... Also with liquid polishes keep the heat down, let the compound do the work...
Sorry if you thought I was being rude about your finish, I wasn't

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_141017.jpg
    IMG_20220401_141017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3