• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wood turning Club

alpha1

Fellow
First Name
Dave
I have discovered a wood turning club just a ten minute drive from me. I contacted the club Secretary and asked if I could go along. He said yes I am welcome its open every Wednesday evening so I am going along next Wednesday. Its quite a good set up with several lathes and a lot of very experienced turners.
Looking forward to it wish me luck.

alpha1

Fellow
First Name
Dave
To night was my third visit the first night was an eye opener turning wise on a wood lathe. The second night was a guest turner who completely blew my mind. To night I was tutored in roughing out and turning a spindle next week I have been told I will be turning a bowl.
I showed them a couple of pens including a kitless jobby I had turned I was surprised how well they liked them they were full of questions about how I had managed to cut the threads etc. I might have to do a teach in :whistling:

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Dave

If you’re down thirsk way first sunday in the month come along to north yorks wood workers please ? PM me for details.

We had Andrew Hall demonstrating yesterday and he will be there at harrogate in november

alpha1

Fellow
First Name
Dave
Went along to night and turned two wooden mushrooms I can not believe how talented these Guys are. I supose I should submit pictures.
May be after next weeks seesion.

alpha1

Fellow
First Name
Dave
Dave

If you’re down thirsk way first sunday in the month come along to north yorks wood workers please ? PM me for details.

We had Andrew Hall demonstrating yesterday and he will be there at harrogate in november
Thank you for the invite.
Do they have a Web Site.