• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Woody. RIP

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
It is with immense sadness that I report the passing of Woody on Friday 2nd February, following a stroke from which unfortunately he did not recover. It goes without saying that he will be greatly missed on the Forum, but also greatly missed in the wider woodturning community and beyond, not least for his tireless work ethic and his considerable contribution to charitable causes, many of which were centred around military veterans.

I do not believe I speak out of turn when I say that all our thoughts are with his wife Vi, his children and his wider family at this terribly sad time, and I am sure we all have our own memories of Woody. If you would like to comment in this thread or in @flexi 's thread which is already underway,
https://www.penturners.co.uk/index.php?threads/not-good-news.28018/
I will make sure that all condolences and comments are passed on to Vi.

Vic Stone aka Woody Turner.

Rest in peace Woody.

1707121627972.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Woody is a real gentleman. Woody & I became friends the first time we met. He helped me to teach Blind Veterans to turn pens at our Llandudno centre & we had great times. He was selfless in his charity work & would help anyone who needed it. He was a legend in his own lifetime & will be missed by so many.
R. I. P. My friend.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Said it before, known woody for a fair while and he helped me no end when I 1st started turning.
We didn't see eye to eye on many things and our "Disagreements" were always good hearted (and he was always 99.9% right :duh:)
Very sad loss of a larger than life character that did so much for so many people.
RIP Woody

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
I never met Woody but considered him a dear friend. I introduced him to serpentine pen blanks and he introduced me to herring bone blanks. We shared stories and chuckles. I will miss his talent and wonderful sharing personality.

Violet please know you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Have only known Woody through this forum and have never met. However he did give me some good advice and encouragement with any badly made pens. He wouldn't say it was badly done, but offered his wisdom on how to improve. If I said I couldn't do something. His reply would be you will never know unless you try.
Woody you where a great at encouraging novice members like me and others.
My thoughts are with your wife and family circle.
RIP IN WOODY (DAD) You will be sadly missed from myself and the forum for your wisdom and knowledge...

Tom Millar
Northern Ireland

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
I too never met him the flesh but only through this forum. He will be sadly missed by us all and I extend my sincere condolences to his family.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
He would have loved this one and told me to shut up.
Playing with Ai look what it did to him???????????

Attachments

• dad.png
    dad.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 6.png
    6.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 8

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Terence Victor Stone my favourite getaway driver, car journeys to shows can never be the same, so much fun. Always welcoming & knowledgeable it was a pleasure to know you & call you friend.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I met Woody a couple of times, always had a can of his favourite tipple in his hand and a smile on his face. Had many interesting forum and PM conversations. He will be sadly missed by all who came into contact with him.
Rest in peace Woody.