• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yew bowl

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
This bowl startedout as a 10” blank but very soom after starting to turn it a nast crack appeared and a bit went airborne so I had to redesign it lol now its a 6 1/2” x 2 1/2” trinket bowl but that is woodturning for you its all part n parcel of this wonderful hobby this is why when turning I never ever stand in the line of fire IMG_7853.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7854.jpeg
    IMG_7854.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7855.jpeg
    IMG_7855.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 5

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
It obviously wanted to be a smaller bowl...sometimes the wood just speaks to you for what it wants to be - lovely finish!
Yes your right I have always said that you can have an idea what you want to make but very often the wood will say different thats what I love about this hobby lol

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Again, a smashing looking bowl mate. Your wood collection must be never ending.
Kelvin
Running out now m8 just one shelf rack of blanks left m8 seriously thinking of packing up when it's all gone had a good long run 70 years of turning

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
This bowl startedout as a 10” blank but very soom after starting to turn it a nast crack appeared and a bit went airborne so I had to redesign it lol now its a 6 1/2” x 2 1/2” trinket bowl but that is woodturning for you its all part n parcel of this wonderful hobby this is why when turning I never ever stand in the line of fire View attachment 50741
Very nice still haven't got to that stage mostly pens at present.....