• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yun stone pen

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Some of my old back injuries have taken a turn for the worst and are now effecting my arms and balance so having to take time out but today I managed to turn some yun stone for the first time in a few years I have fitted it on an Aston kit.

I was surprised at how hard it is I don’t remember it being that hard must be an age thing lol getting bloody old or got not as old as Bill Moony though lol sorry Pop
IMG_7305.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 5

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Some of my old back injuries have taken a turn for the worst and are now effecting my arms and balance so having to take time out but today I managed to turn some yun stone for the first time in a few years I have fitted it on an Aston kit.

I was surprised at how hard it is I don’t remember it being that hard must be an age thing lol getting bloody old or got not as old as Bill Moony though lol sorry Pop
View attachment 50249
Sorry to hear about your ailments but hopefully it won’t keep you away for too long.
I really love this pen and haven’t heard of this material before. Is it actual stone?
Very smart in any case!
Cheers
Ash

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Sorry to hear about your ailments but hopefully it won’t keep you away for too long.
I really love this pen and haven’t heard of this material before. Is it actual stone?
Very smart in any case!
Cheers
Ash
Hi m8 Yun stone is similar to Corian In construction same as true stone from America made by Hut they both used to be on sale in the UK but sales stopped a few years ago I had some sent over from china https://www.etsy.com/your/purchases...id=90143484&x_eaid=c3a293bb97&link_clicked=14

Last edited:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Lovely pen mate, there really great blanks, just tooo fragile for me, really nice job:yourtheman: