REcent reading about CA GLUE

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: REcent reading about CA GLUE

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canberra AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    22,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    REcent reading about CA GLUE

    From an article from Stewart MacDonald in the USA Entitled the inside story on Instant Adhesives.

    Cyanide is used in the process of manufacturing CA Glues.

    It is not present in the finished bottled glues. Less dangerous than methylene chloride and toluene (paint stripper and lacquer products).

    Super Glue in its uncured form is 80-85% pure ethyl based monomer (no solvents present). The remaining 15% is a stabiliser,a polymerization inhibitor, and a thickening agent- none of which is particularly harmful.

    Super Glue is an irritant to the mucous passage.

    The Accellerator is primarily Heptane a mild acetone like solvent that flashes off quickly. The curing agent is a secret no more toxic than the carrier itself. It is an irritant and should be treated as you would petrol.

    The Chemist remained anonymous as per the article. Food for thought, looking now for our resident Chemist Brad to flesh out these comments please.

    Peter.

    Nil Desperandum

     
     
  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Blackpool
    Posts
    4,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes interesting reading Peter.
    Ed


    Confused ?.......You will be !

     
     
  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting peter.

    COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

     
     
  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canberra AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    22,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later in the week the agent for Liberon whilst I was on the phone with her is an industrial chemist so I will kick around the CA thing from her angle.

    Peter.
    Nil Desperandum

     
     
  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    7,582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting!
    I haven't really lost my mind! It's backed up on a cd somewhere!

     
     
  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    8,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Bill
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fumes still get to me.
    If it looks right it usually is! My namesake
    BLIND VETERANS UKhttps://www.facebook.com/blindveteransuk?ref=ts&fref=ts
    http://www.blindveterans.org.uk

     
     
  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canberra AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    22,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see what new magic Liberon have developed. I did remark at the high price of the products the Partner in the firm said in restoration for example they regard them as cheap. One brush can be hundreds of dollars.

    Peter.
    Nil Desperandum

     
     
  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was looking sat the Aust importer I saw the $97.00 brush.

    COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

     
     
  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canberra AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    22,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the other dealer? listed on the net isnt he was puzzled why he was listed but gave me the other dealer here.

    Peter.
    Nil Desperandum

     
     
  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is his prices compared to carbatec?

    COOPER 01/08/1998-31/01/2012

     
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •