• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

widwaster

Apprentice Member
Hi Just a new member. Managed to get log in name wrong to start with should have read widwaster instead of widaster hopefully I will be able to sort. My name is Tommy live in Gourock joiner by trade, in process of retiring and thought would try some turning, so starting with pens, using a shopsmith mark v which had for a few years mainly used for sawing and sanding. no doubt will be asking lot questions so go easy on me.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Hello Tommy, and welcome to the forums, fire away with your questions we have guys here with plenty of experience and willing to share ... :thumbs:

I will change you user name now, but this may need you to log in again once done ... :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Tommy from over here,Like George I notice the site looking up doing my best to stirr things along trust you feel penmaking is for you as well.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome Tommy - if you get stuck I am in South Lanarkshire, always good to see another Scottish based turner.

Tommy,
Welcome, but be warned on three counts, firstly Steven is a complete imposter and phoney, secondly welcome to an expensive but enjoyable hobby, and thirdly be warned, they, here, are a bunch of complete lunatics

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, as a recent joinee myself I can vouch for the expertise in here, the friendliness and above all virtually all of them are barking mad !

It's a great place to be ! :ciggrin:

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
All comments seconded.

It's very friendly here.
There are very knowledgeable people here.
They are all mad.
Pen turning is addictive.

Welcome!

Gav

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Tommy,
Welcome, but be warned on three counts, firstly Steven is a complete imposter and phoney, secondly welcome to an expensive but enjoyable hobby, and thirdly be warned, they, here, are a bunch of complete lunatics

Neil,

You're only jealous I stopped putting holes in the bottom of bowls way way way way before you -
oh & that I'm younger, slimmer & a lot better looking than you :funny::funny::funny::funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Hi Tommy. Welcome to the forum. All the old timers have greeted you so welcome from one of the newbies.. :thumbs:

Jim is the one to watch out for, real stickler and keeps us all in our place. :face:

I nearly brought a shopsmith, nice bit of kit, but changing it around when I wanted to do sawing then lathe really put me off in the end.. Now I have a small workshop I think I made the wrong decision:thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).