• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nearly there

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well I think that I am nearly there unless someone tells me what else I need. The resin has arrived and I have managed to get the mould out of the former(Still needs to be left to fully cure), taken the main block out and using the frame as a support the loose end can either be held with a clamp or even screws. And lastly turned some bungs for the end of the tubes.

Attachments

• DSCF4490.jpg
    DSCF4490.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF4508.jpg
    DSCF4508.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF4510.jpg
    DSCF4510.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 73

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I don't use bungs in my tubes and I would suggest you put a piece of plastic bag over the bung before you insert them, it will be easier to get them out.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I don't use bungs in my tubes and I would suggest you put a piece of plastic bag over the bung before you insert them, it will be easier to get them out.

Peter

I intend to, I have a box of disposable gloves which I will be using for that purpose. At the moment just getting everything ready and together as you know nothing worse than starting something only to find you have not ordered it or it is out of reach when you need it most:funny::funny::funny: and yes I have done it in the past try holding something together that you have just spent ages assembling to find you have not got one or even worse left the clamp in the cupboard out of reach.:funny:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I went with White, Black, Red, Yellow and Blue pack, one as it gets started with a selction and two you can make pretty much any colour with that combination. I will expand this with different effects to jazz them up once I get the hang with the basics. There could be lots of questions.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I intend to, I have a box of disposable gloves which I will be using for that purpose. At the moment just getting everything ready and together as you know nothing worse than starting something only to find you have not ordered it or it is out of reach when you need it most:funny::funny::funny: and yes I have done it in the past try holding something together that you have just spent ages assembling to find you have not got one or even worse left the clamp in the cupboard out of reach.:funny:

I will take a photo of my stand for tubes it negates the use of bungs.

Peter

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
14 hours have passed where are the results.. [emoji12] [emoji39] [emoji6] [emoji12]

[emoji106] ? [emoji107] ?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).