• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gluing small boards

Jed Baxter

Registered
I have 3 different peaces of wood all are roughly 6 x 3 inch x 6mm how do i make them smooth enough to glue together i have no machines to do this and nothing to hold them for sanding. :nooidea: Thanks in advance

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Look on you tube at David from timberbits's video on making pen boxes he shows a sanding system he used before he got a belt sander hope this helps Frankie.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
If you can lay hold on a sheet of glass stick your sandpaper to it and hold the timber as you sand. That way the paper stays still and the finish is perfectly flat.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Stick the sandpaper to 2 books or blocks of wood, and sandwich the wood between them rubbing back and forth will smooth the wood out lovely and keep it flat.
Obviously not good books, Hardback books from a charity shop.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).