• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello Fellow wood chip slingers.

Danarborist

Apprentice Member
First Name
Dan
Hi all,
Im Dan 34 from Leicester. Ex brit mil and green to turning, with this week being my 4th evening of turning.
Ive retrained as a Arborist and have been climbing for the last 5years.
Currently ive turned bowls platters a trophy for a climbing comp in new zealand, wine and champagne glass stems for a friends surprise wedding gift. Will be starting my 3rd pen tonight and recently joined Pen For Heroes on Facebook, aswell as donate.

being green i look forward too learn from the 'seasoned wood' here in the forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 47

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome Dan. Some you have already met on Pens for Hero's.

Just in case you don't know they are all great people here but only after they have had their medication otherwise they are all nutters as you will soon learn.:thinks::funny::funny::funny:

The pen looks good as you have not been turning very long.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Dan that is an excellent pen mate keep em coming now you have joined this forum I dont hold much hope for your sanity with this lot they are all barking mad with exception of a few and they are all in the plonkes club

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum

not much wrong with that pen...keep it up

keep that one for always

Steve

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Dan, and a thank you for your service my friend .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
4 evenings?????? WOW, that is one helluva pen for a seasoned pro let along s newbie Dan. I love it and its got a superb shape. I saw it on faceache and it caught my eye there.

Come on in and make yourself comfortable, you might has well the door has closed behind you now and there's no handle on the inside :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Dan as in show biz mate what an entrance terrific pen high quality turning with OAk even I say that cause I love Oak but it can be a bear to finish. Kind regards fom way over here 2nd minus frost this morning.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome indeed and thank you for your service, you do what we can't / won't or dare not.

Slippery slope now mate, even more so that you pitched up here with this bunch of nutters.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).